Monday, January 2, 2012

The Year of Transformation

2012 feels ripe with possibility.

More than any recent New Year, I feel like 2012 is a clean slate, a true starting over.  I have no idea what this year will bring, and that's exciting.

I'll be honest: the last several weeks of 2011 were some of the worst of my life. 

So when December 31st rolled around, I was more than ready to put 2011 to bed.

And that's what I did.  I put the year to bed.  I tucked 2011 gently under the covers, thanked it for all the lessons I learned from it, turned off the light, and quietly shut the door.

And now I'm standing in the full daylight of 2012, ready to take it on.  I know a lot of people think this is the year the world will end, but I've never believed that.  Rather, I've always believed that 2012 will be the year of transformation. 

Source: Aruna at ml.wikipedia
My transformation starts with falling back in love with writing.  I need to return to why I started writing in the first place.  It wasn't to get published (although that is my goal).  It was because I had stories inside me that I had to tell.  My job is to put those stories on paper.  Let my agent worry about selling THE TWIN WILLOWS TRILOGY.  That's her job.  Mine is only to write.

In the coming weeks, I'll be keeping you updated on how Project Fall In Love With Writing goes.  And I'll also be completely redesigning this blog.  Stay tuned.  2012 has just begun.

4 comments:

  1. Whoohoo! I'm in total agreement. Can't wait to see what the year has in store for us. :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great reminder and perspective readjustment. Tell your stories, we want to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'a great way of thinking, Nicole ... this is your year, which all good things will happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you didn't eat your hair. You have pretty hair.

    Welcome to the bright, clean, new future that is 2012!

    ReplyDelete